Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Little Things That Make Me Happy

I need to always remind myself to notice the good things about life here in Turkey, since it's so easy to focus on my frustrations. So I wanted to take a few minutes and appreciate the public health system. Ok, let me rephrase that, since as any foreigner who's ever visited a Turkish public hospital, clinic or doctor knows, it's crowded, hot, involves waiting for hours, and seems to be governed by an organizational system that is so complex, I have yet to see the logic. I am afraid I cannot say I appreciate this part of the public health system.

But I appreciate the drug plan. I just got back from my local eczane with a two-month supply of prenatal multivitamins, iron supplements and heartburn medicine, and spent a mere 5 Lira, the equivalent of about $3.50cdn. I LOVE the Turkish public drug plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment