Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hiatus and Rethinking this Blog

The ban on Blogger in Turkey ended ages ago, and I haven't written anything since ... So it's confession time: the ban conveniently started at a time when I was feeling decidedly uninspired to write. But then the ban was lifted and I didn't do anything about my little crisis.

But now, in a spurt of energy as I try to cross off every last item on my to-do list before Baby #2 arrives, I'll put the crux of my dilemma out there: I am uncertain about the direction of my blog. I'd like to continue it, but am dissatisfied with where it could go. Too many others are doing travel blogs or personal/mommy blogs; I am no longer enough of a 'foreigner' here that every little thing seems unique and exotic; yet I am hardly expert enough on life in Istanbul as an expat as to pretend to be The Voice of expats in Istanbul.

So until I decide what I want to write about, I'm taking a hiatus.

2 comments:

  1. boohoo! I will miss reading your blog entries, though they were a bit sparse ;)
    Luckily, Lisa will be able to keep me up to date with baby, etc.
    Enjoy your time with your Mom this summer....I am sure it will be a great time for you both.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cecile,

    I'm not sure if we have been in touch before, I hope you don't mind me reaching out! I found your details on your website and I hope you might be able to help me with my strange request…

    I am a Producer working on a television show called House Hunters International which follows English speaking expats in their quest to purchase a house abroad. I wonder if you or any of your expat contacts might be interested in getting involved?! Please find a little blurb about the show below:

    House Hunters International is a half-hour program currently airing on the Home and Garden Television Network (HGTV) in America.

    The series is designed to de-mystify the international home-buying process by going behind the scenes of a house hunt where buyers and their real estate agents tour 3 homes.

    At its core, House Hunters International is a travel show concentrating on the idiosyncrasies of the locales and what makes them special and different.


    You can watch some examples of the show here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh0Q6DYe3QM - London from South Africa

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLmhKEzm5kg - Dubai from Illinois


    Please get in touch if you have any more questions about the show. I look forward to hearing from you!


    Best wishes and many thanks,


    Michelle


    Michelle James
    ASSOCIATE PRODUCER LEOPARD FILMS
    1-3 St Peter's Street, London N1 8JD - +44 20 7704 3300
    michelle.james@leopardfilms.com
    www.leopardfilms.com

    ReplyDelete