Friday, September 2, 2011

Learning to Let Go

This would never have happened, had he been in my care!


Sitting on the table, honey dripping down his chin and onto his bare knees, his arms almost shaking from the sugar coursing through his veins -- his first "sugar coma," as they say in Turkish -- a horrifying sight!

But when he dipped an olive into the honey and proudly offered it to me, I realized he doesn't get enough opportunities to be crazy and I bit my tongue; no comments about sugar before nap time or sugar in general, for that matter; no comments about instilling table manners.

I braced myself and swallowed that sticky oily olive and smiled.

What followed, on the other hand, was all my doing:


1 comment:

  1. Some day, perhaps when your son is a teenager, you are going to love these photos. He is going to hate the second one.

    ReplyDelete